Saturday 2 June 2012

Books glorious books.


As everyone know's i'm an utter killer for a good read. This is the selection of books that I am reading at the moment.
The Saga of Darren Shan: Vampire Blood Trilogy;
Darren Shan is one of my favourite writer's and this Saga is just thrilling and i really do not know how many times I've read all the books now! I first read them in 2003 just out of chance of trying to find new books to read, and it really was and still is the best book i have bought. As the book says, it is about Vampire's, but also Vampaneze who are surprisingly 'bad vampire's', aka they kill to drink blood. It follows the life of a boy named Darren Shan in first person. From making the deal with the devil to save his best friend, to being killed by him. This is nothing like Stephanie's Twilight Saga, in fact I love it even more!
If you like thriller, action or fantasy I strongly recommend you read the amazing 12 books he's published as a part of this saga!

The Little Book of Buddhism. The Little Book of Wisdom;
I recently bought these on Amazon as I was recommended by a person who I follow on Tumblr. These are so handy to take round with me when I go anywhere. They contain wonderful quote's to keep positive and calm in difficult situations. Also give a lovely insight into the Spiritual religion that is Buddhism. If you want an easy read and something you can take with you everyday, then these are perfect pocket books.

The Tibetan Book of Living And Dying;
This is something i've borrowed off my Uncle as he said it's a good book to start reading if you have an interest in Buddhism like myself! He also gave me a tip about search for books on Buddhism, always get one from an Eastern writer as obviously Buddhism is practised most there. My uncle read this after dealing with a breakup while living in Australia for a year and said it's such an amazing read. Can't wait to sink my eyes into this

The Art of Happiness;
I think any book written by His Holiness Dalai Lama must be worth a good read. I bought this along with my 2 pocket books as it only came up to £12 overall which is amazing in my eyes! Due to having quite a shit start to this year, I'm wanting to know how to deal with my negativity in a healthy way and to not let things really harm myself. I think that's why I have this interest in Buddhism, as it is all about positive energy and that's something i'm learning to do slowly but surely these days!

Seeming I haven't started reading the last 2, I shall do individual reviews of them when they are done and dusted with.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment