Thursday 7 February 2013

Gone, Never Forgotten.

So tomorrow on February 8th 2013 I will be saying good bye to my little sister's dad Tony.
For those who never got the chance to meet him, you really did miss out big time on meeting a computer and motorbike mad guy.
He first came into my life when I was 5 and obviously as him being my mum's partner I was confused as hell as to who this guy was. But I know that I instantly took a shining to him and quickly started to grow in admiration towards him.

From a young age Tony brought me up as his own. And I know he has always thought that he has 2 daughter's not one. For my sixth birthday all my family went up to Scotland for the week and my best memories from then are me sitting on Tony's shoulders while in a field surrounded by very angry and annoyed sheep and had a stick to keep them back and me away from harm.
We walked through a field of cows and I, as usual found a 'Pob stick' - Pob was Tony's friend, and I insisted on finding a good stick so I could hit Pob with it next time I saw him - and that was always our little thing we would do wherever we went.
He gave me my love for motor sports and indoor rock climbing which I used to do quite a lot when younger, again it was bonding time for us.
Because of Tony, I have my love for Nirvana, Queen, David Bowie and The Prodigy.

When my little sister Catherine was born, he seemed so happy to have such a wonderful little girl, and of course the first girl on his side of the family in quite a while. She is still today and probably forever always going to be his 'little spud' as he always used to call her.

When him and my mum separated, I turned very cold towards him, and only the past year I had found that natural love for him again. I really regret that, a lot.
But as the world is cruel, he died suddenly of a blood clot in his heart on Saturday 26th January. I don't want to write anything except that about his death because I want to respect my little sister and also Tony's family.

That Saturday my world really did fall apart, and I'm still not sure if i've even accepted that yet.

But my love goes out to my extended family on Tony's side.
But most of all to my special, brave and strong little sister, Catherine.

Don't ever take people or life for granted, it's just too short x

No comments:

Post a Comment