Sunday 16 December 2012

Gaining.

I thought I'd create this post as I know people have approached me on how I gained weight and the mentality I put myself into. I spent months trying to find the right method for me so I think it would be helpful as not many websites are widely available for the recover process on gaining weight and the feelings that come along with it.

First of all I am in no way a medical professional, so if you are suffering from an Eating Disorder and/or underweight, then I suggest you go to your local GP and get the right care and help before anything else.

After starting my Therapy for my Eating Disorder I was given a list of changes I should make to my diet and also an eating plan so I had the right food groups. For every meal I had to have dairy, protein and carbohydrates, which to be honest I thought would be easy, but having to have 3 meals a day plus 4 snacks a day...i'd never been so shocked in my life.
I was told to change from semi-skimmed milk to full fat milk, yet to also fortify everything. Cheese on cheese, powdered milk in milk, those were the things i just could not push myself to do.
I was not allowed to have fruit as a snack, that would just be something i eat at any time during the day, yet also i couldn't really have crisps etc. Rice pudding, yoghurt's, biscuits, and oat bars started consuming my life as my snack because they were so high in calories and good fats.
There was no perfect journey for me, relapses, tears and arguments with my mother were constantly there.
After quite a bad relapse and going down near enough to my original weight, i decided to start looking at different shakes, as protein didn't do a single thing for me and just made me feel really ill.
One day myself and my mum went to the shops and looked down the health isle and we came across a make called Complan and they had a variety of powdered shakes and even soups. After discussing these with my doctor we had decided that i would start taking them with milk twice a day, with breakfast and with tea in hope of me gaining weight that i really needed to be put back on.

If anyone comes to ask me about gaining weight i ALWAYS recommend complan. The sheer fact it helped me, but also tasted damn good, really did do the trick for me and it helped me a lot during me recovery and to keep on gaining weight.

If you have read this and would like more information/advice or even just someone to talk to, contact me at emmavickers998@hotmail.com and i am always happy to answer questions in any shape or form.

3 comments: