Monday 30 April 2012

Bex Knight - Blogger and Aspiring PR for the highstreet

Rebecca Knight
Eighteen
York/Gloucester
 

1) Favourite high street shop at the moment and why?
It would have to be Zara and H&M. Zara because most of what they seem to be producing really fits around the classic style I'm starting to evolve into, and I'm a massive admirer of their business techniques and plans - they're going to become very big soon. H&M because they're always bang on trend and their eco-range is something I feel all highstreet shops should be taking note of.

2) Who are your idols and why? Fashion industry or not?
Within the fashion industry, it would have to be the Olsen twins. They're so young, yet have achieved so much. Everything they have, is there's. They're their own boss and they know what they want and how to get it. I love strong women, and those two are just the epitome of strong women!
Outside the fashion industry it would have to be my Dad. Without going all soppy, simply put, he taught me that hard work, passion, and politeness, can get you absolutely anywhere you want to go.

3) What are your wardrobe key pieces?

Classic white shirt, dark skinny jeans, a leather skirt, loafers, wedges, a leather jacket, an opaque blouse, and of course a white dress!

4) If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be and why?
Italy. I love the food, the culture, the fashion, the atmosphere. Just everything! I can't explain it!

5) What would you say is your biggest weakness(s)?
I wouldn't say setting high goals is a bad thing, it's a good thing, of course it is, but I will beat myself up about it if I don't quite make it!

6)What does a fashion PR do?
Basically, they help companies and stores develop and keep a good public image, you have to find innovative ways to keep the brand name out there.

7)What gets you most excited for your future career prospects?
Everything. I am so ready, and so beyond excited to jump into every aspect of what I want to do. I know it will be hard work, they'll be many set backs, and it's not going to be easy, but I can't wait!

8)I understand you're possibly going to University in September, where and what will you study?
I'm actually taking a year out before I go to university. I've been at boarding school since the age of 9, as my Dad's in the Army so I want to take a year to work, and spend time with the people who mean the most to me. I'll then be going to Nottingham to study Fashion Communication and Promotion.

9)What is a favourite or inspirational quote of yours?
Oh God, I'm a massive fan of inspiration quotes. Yep, I'm that kind of girl.
"You can never be overdressed or over educated"
"Be your beautiful self"
"Nolite te bastardes carborundorum"
"Be true to who you are"
"Be so good they can't ignore you"
“Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid.”
Albert Einstien

No comments:

Post a Comment